Directions for Local Scholarship Application Process: Will be updated for the class of 2021 by the end of November
*The Application Portal will open on December 9th, 2020
1. Complete the Woodland High School application for local scholarships only after reading steps 1-11. The online application will open December 9th, 2020 and will close on March 19th, 2021, at midnight.
2. Log in here, Local Scholarship Application with your student network username and password or using the "Sign in with Google". Use your school account. Here is a video that provides step by step instructions on how to apply: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13LtHa1_5_mEWoz05kQXoyqOxlabD-XN7/view
3. To the left of the local scholarship application page, you will find a menu with three links under Local Scholarships: 1) Scholarships; 2) Checklist and 3) Application.
4. Now look at the Scholarships link. Carefully read the list of local scholarships available to graduating seniors. Be sure to note the description and criteria for each scholarship so that you are applying only for those scholarships for which you are eligible. Note, some of the scholarships require additional forms, letters or essays. Please check back often for additional scholarships.
5. The Checklist link is a worksheet for you to complete as you complete your applications. This lists the requirements that apply to each scholarship. You must check off all of the requirements listed as you complete each application.
6. The last link is the Application Form. Here you will find the blank form for the local scholarship application and any additional essays depending on which scholarships you are applying for. You will be writing your essay(s) using business formatting. Skip a line between paragraphs instead of indenting. (the portal will not recognize indenting) You will need two letters of recommendation from teachers and/or community members, saved as PDFs. These letters must be requested at least four weeks in advance of the application due date.
7. Upon application completion, your transcript and attendance record will be uploaded by our Registrar, Mrs. Brand. You can verify this on your checklist.
8. Your application will only be seen by the specific donor if a “Yes” appears in the completed column for that particular scholarship.
9. The deadline for all applications is March 19th, 2021 at midnight.
10. Some of the scholarship committees will request interviews with specific students. You will be notified via your WHS school email account if you are invited to interview.
11. All awards will be announced at the Senior Recognition Night, on Tuesday, June 8th, 2021. Please plan to attend.
Local Scholarship Timeline for the 2020/2021 school year
December 2020, CLC:
Senior Meeting during CLC to introduce Local Scholarship application instructions/deadlines.
December 9th, 2020
Local Scholarship online application portal open to WHS seniors.
March 19th, 2021 @ midnight.
Deadline for all online applications to be submitted. The online portal will be closed at this time.
March 20th - April 16th, 2021:
Donors review submitted applications and student interviews are set up upon donor request.
June 8th, 2021:
Local Scholarship winners announced at WHS Senior Awards Night.