Culminating Project FAQs
- Question: Do students have to complete all of the components, including the Culminating Presentation, to pass the CP requirement?
- Answer: Yes. The individual components must all be completed to standard and in sequential order.
- Question: What are the standards?
- Answer: Rubrics have been developed for different components. Students will be given these so everyone will know what is expected. Rubrics may also be accessed by going to Culminating Project Information.
- Question: How will the school keep track of what we have finished on the CP? Will it be on our report card or transcript?
- Answer: It will be on the Skyward website under educational milestones. This will allow staff to record the progress of all students. It will be on the transcripts, as well as be included in the comments portion of the report card.
- Question: How does this affect students moving here from another school district or state?
- Answer: Students who move here will be required to do the CP, but they will start it at the point they enter the school. For example, if a student enters as a junior they will be exempt from completing the freshman and sophomore requirements.
- Question: I am a Running Start student. Do I still have to do a CP?
- Answer: If you are earning a WHS diploma you are required to do most of the CP. If you are taking equivalent English and History at a college your junior year, you are exempt from the junior career research and History presentation. If you attend Running Start full time, Team High or Lewis River Academy, you are required to submit a service learning proposal during your junior year. You also need to do all components of the senior year.
- Question: Where do I select my twenty severice hours?
- Answer: http://www.woodlandschools.org/slp). Students log on to this site using their network username and password, which needs to be reset at the beginning of each school year. Mrs. Sturdivan in the Career Center has a designated area to accept all paperwork relating to the CP.
- Question: Who is the best person to ask for help on my Service Learning Project or Service Hours?
- Answer: Mrs. Sturdivan in the Career Center is available to help. Students are expected to check their student email regularly for information and cummunication.
- Question: I am transferring to Woodland High School for 2nd semester of my senior year and I plan to graduate with the current senior class. What are my requirements for the culminating project?
- Answer: At a minimum, you will be required to complete all senior year components of the Culminating Project which include a service learning project, a reflection paper, and a final presentation.
- Question: Is the CP pass/fail or does it have a letter grade?
- Answer: The CP is pass/fail. Many of the components are also linked to the core curriculum, so those portions will also have a letter grade.