Mission Statement of Woodland's Comprehensive Counseling Program
The mission of Woodland School District counseling program is to provide comprehensive, developmental counseling, addressing academic, career, and personal/social development of all students. In partnership with other educators, parents/guardians, and community members we seek to develop in each and every student an understanding of the importance of hard work and how performance, effort and decisions directly affect educational and career opportunities. We encourage and support each student in maximizing his or her potential and becoming a productive, contributing member of society.
What does a School Counselor do?
School Counselors are the link between home, school and community. As members of the education team, School Counselors promote and support students' academic and social success by providing specialized services that may include:
- Talking with individual students facing challenges in their lives.
- Helping coach students on school expectations of behavior.
- Meeting with small groups of students who need additional skills in making friends, setting and meeting goals, managing anger, adjusting to change or staying organized.
- Supporting the school community in maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Connecting with parents who need support, and assisting them in finding the resources they need.
- Working with community agencies, organizations and other professionals.
To schedule a meeting or speak with the social worker contact: