In order to provide our students with educational opportunities during this unprecedented and challenging time, Woodland Public Schools’ staff has compiled a list of resources to help our community’s children learn from home.
Throughout the statewide school closure, Woodland staff will continue to connect with you and your student(s) to help lead you through the process of home learning. We will also be working to introduce new methods of teaching students remotely during the statewide school closure.
Our high school students should refer to Google Classroom on their Chromebooks to collaborate with teachers for learning opportunities. Seniors, especially, will want to reach out to their teachers to ensure they continue to work to meet graduation requirements.
All students can also reach out to their teachers should they need assistance or guidance with their learning using Skyward Family Access and the other methods their classes and schools may use.
Please stay tuned to our Statewide Closure Headquarters for the latest updates on remote learning along with the other services Woodland Public Schools will provide during the statewide school closure.
Teachers and staff district-wide are preparing ongoing lessons for students in all grades K-12. Your student should be visiting their specific grade-level website every day for new lessons:
General Home Study Resources
- Tips & Resources for At-Home Learning
- Social/Emotional Learning at Home
- Free Homebound Online Conference starting next week (March 23-27)
- Accessing your students Google account from home
- Looking for (digital) books? All WMS students have instant access to a large selection of ebooks and audiobooks, as well as a host of other online resources, through Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries (FVRL) unless their guardian has opted them out.
Students can access titles by going to https://fvrl.org/connect and using the links for eBooks and eAudio located in the upper right under the menu bar. When prompted for a library card number use 98674000 followed by the student's 6-digit Skyward student ID number. The student's PIN is the 4-digit year they were born.
If you have questions about this or need assistance please contact Shae Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org (Elementary grades) or Candice Shepherd at email@example.com (Secondary grades)
How to Access i-Ready
See our Elementary Expected Learning page for more details.
- i-Ready (log in via clever.com)
- Accessing i-Ready from an iPad, Android tablet, or Windows tablet
- Online books in English and Spanish
- Scholastic - Up to 3 hours a day in both Spanish and English
- Spanish children's stories - Well-known children's stories translated into Spanish https://www.thespanishexperiment.com/stories
- TumbleBooks - Easy reader/audio resource, free through library site, no library card needed. Audiobooks, games, videos, ...
- Mystery Doug - Science experiment videos, extension activity link, theme updates weekly
- Epic Books - Audio books for all levels
Some Other Resources
- Free K12 lessons on Khan Academy
- Free audio books for kids
- Link to many free educational resources:
Copy of Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closings : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grades K-12 resources from Scholastic:
- Elementary age ideas from Understood.org:
20 Learning Activities to Keep Kids Busy
- Raz Kids & Headsprout:
- Virtual Museum Tours:
- Art lessons from Deep Space Sparkle:
- PDX Parent newsletter:
- 50 ideas and links for elementary students from a modern teacher: