Welcome to Woodland Public Schools'
Home Learning Opportunities
Last Updated: Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 3:30 a.m.
In order to provide our students with educational opportunities during this unprecedented and challenging time, Woodland Public Schools’ staff has compiled a list of resources to help our community’s children begin the process of learning at home.
This website will continue to expand in the coming weeks as our teachers for every grade level provide additional content. For this first week, we are providing more limited content so families can adjust to the new schedule.
Please consider using this unique time to review and enrich your student’s learning by encouraging creativity and project-based learning to harness your child’s natural curiosity and creativity.
Our high school students should refer to Google Classroom on their Chromebooks to collaborate with teachers for learning opportunities. Seniors, especially, will want to reach out to their teachers to ensure they continue to work to meet graduation requirements.
All students can also reach out to their teachers should they need assistance or guidance with their learning using Skyward Family Access and the other methods their classes and schools may use.
Please stay tuned to our COVID-19 HQ website for the latest updates on remote learning along with the other services Woodland Public Schools will try to provide during the statewide school closure.
General Home Study Resources
- Tips & Resources for At-Home Learning
- Social/Emotional Learning at Home
- Free Homebound Online Conference starting next week (March 23-27)
- Accessing your students Google account from home
- Looking for (digital) books? All WMS students have instant access to a large selection of ebooks and audiobooks, as well as a host of other online resources, through Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries (FVRL) unless their guardian has opted them out.
Students can access titles by going to https://fvrl.org/connect and using the links for eBooks and eAudio located in the upper right under the menu bar. When prompted for a library card number use 98674000 followed by the student's 6-digit Skyward student ID number. The student's PIN is the 4-digit year they were born.
If you have questions about this or need assistance please contact Shae Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org (Elementary grades) or Candice Shepherd at email@example.com (Secondary grades)
- i-Ready (log in via clever.com)
- Accessing i-Ready from an iPad, Android tablet, or Windows tablet
- Online books in English and Spanish
Hello Students and Families,
Here are some great resources to use at home to continue learning. While these are OPTIONAL learning opportunities, they can be beneficial to keep growing academically. These will be updated on a weekly basis, so please check back each Wednesday for new resources. Additionally, please find something that you enjoy and find intriguing to challenge yourself. Stay Safe.
- Daily art prompts
- MS art will be posted on Instagram @WMSART
Woodland High School
Students, please check your email and Google Classroom for communications from your teachers.
TEAM High School
Resources for our TEAM High School student can be found here
- Scholastic - Up to 3 hours a day in both Spanish and English
- Spanish children's stories - Well-known children's stories translated into Spanish https://www.thespanishexperiment.com/stories
- TumbleBooks - Easy reader/audio resource, free through library site, no library card needed. Audiobooks, games, videos, ...
- Mystery Doug - Science experiment videos, extension activity link, theme updates weekly
- Epic Books - Audio books for all levels
Some Other Resources
- Free K12 lessons on Khan Academy
- Free audio books for kids
- Link to many free educational resources:
Copy of Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closings : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grades K-12 resources from Scholastic:
- Elementary age ideas from Understood.org:
20 Learning Activities to Keep Kids Busy
- Raz Kids & Headsprout:
- Virtual Museum Tours:
- Art lessons from Deep Space Sparkle:
- PDX Parent newsletter:
- 50 ideas and links for elementary students from a modern teacher: