Elementary School Reconfiguration
District Start Times
Now that buses will deliver K-4 and 5-12 students separately, the buses require 60 minutes between elementary and secondary school start times. As a result, start times were adjusted district-wide.
- Elementary students will start first and at the same time Yale Elementary currently starts: 7:45 a.m.
- Yale Elementary will start and end on the same schedule as the down-river schools Monday-Friday.
- Woodland Middle School will likely be at, or very close to, their current schedule.
- Woodland High School will likely shift 35 minutes later, beginning at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 3:50 p.m.
Monday Late Start will continue with each school starting 75 minutes later each Monday.
Studies show other potential benefits for a later school start for secondary (WMS/WHS) students including:
- Increased attendance and reduced tardiness
- Improved academic achievement
- Lower car accident rates for high school students
Official school start and end times will be posted when finalized.