Apex Renewal Contract
To: Michael Green
From: Deb Kernen
Re: APEX Renewal Contract
Date: May 19, 2010
As you recall, last year we purchased the APEX Web-based Learning Program. We have been implementing it in a number of sites in our district that include grades 7-12 general education math classes, LAP Math Academy grades 7/8, TEAM, Special Ed. and ELL. The feedback from staff and students has shown this to be a much more engaging, rigorous and effective learning program that addresses remediation, intervention, credit recovery, and alternative school programs. Its key features include:
- Provides intervention and prevention programs that support struggling students. Apex Learning diagnostic assessments, which are integrated into the digital curriculum, first identify the strengths and weaknesses of each student and then create a personalized study plan directing him or her to the most relevant instructional material.
- Mastery based learning to establish a minimum performance level that must be achieved before students continue on to new material
- Comprehensive digital curriculum aligned to state and national standards
- Complete course offering to meet high school graduation requirements and targeted courses to address critical needs in middle school
- Interactive activities to keep students engaged in rigorous and relevant content
We are VERY excited about continuing to have such a versatile program that can be used by many different departments in the district. There has been an increase of approximately $5,000 over last year. The cost is split between TEAM high school, LAP, and Sp Ed. The LAP program will incur the cost increase with some additional funding that will be available this next school year.