Woodland Middle School Report
To: Michael Green
From: James Johnston
Re: WMS December 2017 Board Report
The following are the key items we have been working on at Woodland Middle School:
Our building leadership team met again on 11/27 to continue discussion of a new master schedule. Some of the key items we reviewed were:
- Increase in core instructional minutes
- Increase teacher/student contact time
- Tiered Reading Intervention Structure
- Advanced Math Classes
- Advanced Classes in other content areas (long-term)
Main points from staff feedback that they would like to see:
- Longer Core= 11
- Homeroom Change/Remove= 11
- Remove Collaboration= 8
- Same Periods (length)= 4
We also discussed the following two questions and compiled a list of ideas:
- What are some desires/components we would like to see
inthe new schedule?
- What are some potential obstacles/considerations as we revamp the schedule?
We have the preliminary results from our fall conferences. Approximately 78% of our families attended. This was a great opportunity for conversations. We would like to see the attendance increase to over 85%.
Our Student of the Month award winners
October: Chase Hall (5), Addison
November: Miranda Dalpias (5), Cooper Martin (5), Sienna Ek (6), Kayleh Peppers (6), Brooklynn Donald (7), Natalie Thayer (7), Genesis Sanders (8), Juan Carlos