To: Michael Green
From: Paul Huddleston
Date: June 21, 2017
Re: Athletics Report
Athlete of the Year Banquet
Our end of the year banquet was a big success. We recognized all of our 2 and 3 sport letter winners, as well as all of our all-league athletes, individuals and teams that either won league/district championships – or placed at state, individuals and teams that broke all-time records, recognized our current and incoming college athletes (there are 31 right now), scholar athletes of the year, RUDY award winners, Top 10 Plays/Moments of the Year and ended the evening with our Male and Female Athletes of the Year. The AOY award is not based entirely on athletic accomplishments, but also factors in character, leadership, coachability, academics, and citizenship. That is our definition of an “athlete” at WHS – and that’s who we choose to recognize. This year’s winners were Bryce Mulder and Julia Stepper.
Here is a link to watch our top 10 plays/moments of the year: https://vimeo.com/220868766
- We have numerous programs running over summer break.
- Beaver Strength summer conditioning has 120 WMS and WHS kids signed up.
- A large portion of our programs
arerunning youth summer camps.
- Danielle Hutton has been chosen as our new high school head volleyball coach. She replaces long-time coach (and Hall of Famer), Jeff Nesbitt.
- Still, need to hire an assistant football coach as well as an assistant volleyball coach.
- Football begins August 16th. All other WHS sports begin August 21st.