To: Michael Green
From: Paul Huddleston
Date: May 22, 2017
Re: May Athletics Report
Track and Field
- Districts are Friday, May 19 at Columbia River
- Our girls won a league title
- State begins May 25 at Mt. Tahoma HS
- Rough season for our varsity… with all of the rainouts and rescheduling, they ended up playing almost half their season in an 8 game stretch that didn’t go so well. Our JV team showed some real promise for next year.
- Varsity record 2-10 League, 6-10 Overall
- JV record 8-5 League, 13-6 Overall
Postseasonbegins May 18th in Longview. Our young team came on strong at the end of the season and ended up locking down 4th in the league and earned a trip to districts. Our JV team showed a lot of promise as well… unfortunately, they didn’t get a full season in due to rainouts and teams being short on players.
- Varsity record 4-8 League, 6-13 Overall
- JV record 6-1 League, 10-2 Overall
- We missed out on
postseasonby one game. Really proud of our guys… they played quality soccer in a really tough league and just couldn’t catch any breaks losing all 4 of their overtime games in the league.
- Varsity record 5-7 League, 8-8 Overall
- JV record 1-10-1 League, 1-13-2 Overall (JV games can end in a tie)
- Districts were May 16-17. State is May 23-24 in Spokane
- We advanced Vanessa Franke to state and Maddy Saucedo as an alternate to state (one stroke away)
- Nolan Autrey will be competing at state for the boys.
- Remember that WHS Sports can be followed on Facebook (woodland high school athletics) and Twitter (
- Our league also has a website: 2agshl.com
- Summer Sports begin Monday, May 29th.
- Our WHS Sports Recognition Banquet will be held on Monday, June 5 – 6 pm in the commons. It’s a culmination of our entire year – and a lot of fun. We’d love to see you there.