Regular Board Meeting on Monday, August 8, 2016Previous Next
Regular Board Meeting on Monday, August 8, 2016
- Next Board Meeting:
- Monday, August 22, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. in the District Meeting Room.
- Board Reports, Requests, and Comments:
- Director Steve Madsen reminded board members that he would meet with Superintendent Michael Green regarding student scholarships and a student survey discussed at the last board meeting.
- Director Lesa Beucher commented on the changes to the district’s website making it easier to navigate and find things. She also noted that she didn’t see graduation information for TEAM High or LRA and would like that on the site.
- Discussion Items:
- Lan Ha, Nutrition Services Director, along with Jean Lessard (JJ) from Sodexo Food Services, gave a PowerPoint presentation on the food services program including history of the program and facts about Woodland Public Schools’ food program such as how it serves more than 255,000 meals per year. Ha presented new student engagement programs including the A-to-Z Fruits and Vegetables program which will introduce a new fruit or vegetable during lunchtime each week to elementary students and the Grab & Go program which will allow high school students to place lunch orders using their cell phones. Director Beucher commented that she thought the programs were great ideas.
Entire presentation: http://www.woodlandschools.org/node/5005
- Public Hearing:
- 2016-2017 Budget Pursuant RCW 28A.505.060: Stacy Brown, Business Manager, explained that no changes were made to the budget from what was presented at the last board meeting. No public comments were given. Budget documents are viewable online: http://www.woodlandschools.org/node/4988
- 2015-2016 General Fund Budget Extension: Brown explained the extension during the July 18 board meeting with the reason for the extension being due to curriculum costs and large expenses for maintenance. No public comments were given. Budget extension documents viewable online: http://www.woodlandschools.org/node/4992
- Action Items:
- Approval of Sodexo Contract: Brown explained that annual board approval is required for the Sodexo food services contract. She also noted that this is the final year of this contract as the district must put the contract out to bid every five years. Brown asked if any board members are interested to be on the review committee to please let her know. The Board unanimously approved the contract. Viewable online: http://www.woodlandschools.org/node/4970
- Resolution 16-5: Approving 2016-2017 Budget Appropriations: The board unanimously approved the 2016-2017 budget appropriations. Viewable online: http://www.woodlandschools.org/node/4989
- Resolution 16-6: 2015-2016 General Fund Budget Extension: The board unanimously approved the 2015-2016 general fund budget extension. Viewable online: http://www.woodlandschools.org/node/4993
UPCOMING BOARD MEETING
Monday, August 22, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. at the District Meeting Room.