To: Michael Green
From: Paul Huddleston
Re: WHS Athletics Report
- Many of our programs are running summer activities. Teams are practicing after school and already playing in leagues and tournaments. Coaches can work with their athletes until August 1st.
- Varsity record (8-4 league, 11-10 overall).
- Finished 3rd in league
- District playoffs, unfortunately, were the end of the road for us. A walk-off home run ended our season.
- Varsity record (6-6 league, 8-11-1 overall).
- Finished 4th in league
- Came within a last minute goal of making state. This is the furthest our team has gone in the new 2A classification era. Great season for our guys... so proud of their progress and where that program is heading.
- We sent two girl golfers (Hailee Collins and Vanessa Franke) and an alternate (Maddy Saucedo) to the state tournament in Richland, WA. Neither made the day 2 cut but both gained valuable experience and hope to return next season.
- We had two boy golfers qualify for state (Hayden Huddleston and Dillon Franke). Unfortunately, Hayden came down with mono and was forced to withdraw. Dillon just missed the day two cut.
Track and Field
- Our girls team finished 4th in state!
- Julia Stepper led the way for the girls placing in 4 events. She was 2nd in state in the long jump and 200m, 4th in state in the 100m and part of our 6th in state 4x100 relay. She also won district titles in the same 3 events.
- Jacob Davis placed in two events at state. He placed 4th in the 110m hurdles and 7th in the 300m hurdles.
- Registrations are coming in for our new Beaver Strength summer strength and conditioning program. Our target is 100 kids and we’re already about half way there. This is a great opportunity for our students to challenge themselves both mentally and physically.