Woodland Primary School Report
TO: Michael Green
FROM: Juliann McCarthy
DATE: April 1, 2016
RE: Woodland Primary, PreK-1 Report
Tier III Implementation/BEST Committee/K-Registration
Focus on Learning
- The PK-1 school is continuing implementation of Tier III in reading. Students are Tier III students are provided access to Imagine Learning through specialists or within their classrooms. The addition of a Chrome cart is assisting us in allowing teachers to provide the Imagine Learning to their students within the classroom.
- An area of needed growth is in finding a Tier III intervention for math.
- In collaboration with Woodland Intermediate School, the Tier III team will continue to explore options and needed resources for providing Tier III for math.
- A committee of certified professional staff, headed by Malinda Huddleston, is meeting to align the induction standards, (hiring, orientation, and professional learning for new teachers) to current district practices.
- A team of committed individuals has been meeting periodically to review our process for Kindergarten registration. One of the goals of the team is to broadly spread the word about registering in order to encourage parents to register their students early. You will be seeing information on marquees, posters around town and yard signs in strategic locations. Additionally, the team has scheduled and planned a Kindergarten Fair for May 10, 11, 12. The goal of the Fair will be to give parents information about Woodland School District, Woodland Primary, and Kindergarten as well as take the incoming K-students through several screening stations to help us prepare for the students who are coming in.
- We are in the planning stages of opening an in-school immunization clinic for next school year. Through agreements with the County Department of Health and the Woodland Family Health Center, the goal is to make school required vaccinations available for registered Woodland School District students at WPS.
April 4-8 Spring Break
April 11, Kindergarten Registration Open
April 11-WIS Board Presentation, Tour of WIS
April 15-WPS/Yale Principal Interviews
April 18-First Grade CAST
April 19-21-John Ford, “The Whale Guy” with first grade
April 25-WPS Board Presentation, Tour of WPS
May 10-12- Kindergarten Fair