To: Michael Green
From: Paul Huddleston
Date: March 9, 2016
Re: WHS Athletics Report
HS Boys’ Basketball
- Final varsity record (8-4 league, 17-10 overall)
i. They made their first appearance to the state championships since 2004 and finished top 8 for the first time since 1985!
ii. Tanner Sixberry and Bryce Mulder were selected for 1st team all-league. Hayden Huddleston was selected for 2nd team all-league.
iii. Final standings: 2nd League, 3rd Districts, 7th State
2. JV record (4-8 league, 9-10 overall)
HS Girls’ Basketball
- Varsity record (7-5 league, 10-12 overall).
i. Jessica Flanagan was selected 1st team all-league, Kayla Fredericks 2nd team all-league… Dana Glovick and Amber Malik received honorable mention.
ii. Final standings: 4th in league, district tournament appearance.
2.JV record (7-5 league, 13-7 overall).
3.Long time JV coach Sam Jouwsma is retiring.
- Finished 3rd in league.
- Jared Cloud, Jeff Jackson, Ashlyn Daugherty and Brooke Schimmel (alternate) all qualified for the Mat Classic (State Championships) in Tacoma.
- At districts, our dance team qualified 3 routines for state and finished 1st in district for the show category.
i. State competition starts March 26th in Yakima (Sundome).
- Spring sports are underway… over 170 kids have signed up so far – a really nice turnout. Here are the spring sports we offer:
i. Baseball (JV and V)
ii. Fastpitch (JV and V)
iii. Track and Field
iv. Boys’ Soccer (JV and V)
v.Girls’ Golf (JV and V – plus select 7th and 8th grade students)