Woodland Primary School Report
TO: Michael Green
FROM: Juliann McCarthy
DATE: March 3, 2016
RE: Woodland PreK-1
Visiting School Districts/Tier III
Focus on Learning
- We are proud to be hosting Camas School District this week who are observing our implementation of the ReadyGen for ELA at both the Primary and Intermediate Schools.
- Future visits are also scheduled with Washougal and Hockinson School Districts reviewing both our ELA and Math implementation.
- The PK-1 school has begun implementation of Tier III in reading. Students were identified through our bi-annual CAST process and reviewed by the Tier III Intervention Team. Using our existing specialist staff, Para-professionals, and the Imagine Learning program students who have not made expected progress in reading are being provided intensive additional instruction in reading. Their progress is monitored and reviewed regularly through the Tier III Intervention Team.
- PK-1 hosted the K-4 Reading Night on March 1. Attendance was strong and there were many and varied activities for the children and their families. Reading Night was planned by our K-4 Community Involvement Committee.
- The Read Across America event was hosted at the PK-1 School on March 2. Volunteer readers included our own Mr. Michael Green, Woodland Mayor Will Finn, Woodland Police Chief Phillip, Woodland firefighters, Reading Dogs, and parents.
- Staff engaged in playground supervision participated in the Playworks Training on February 16 and 17. PK-1 staff developed a plan as a result of the training and have been able to implement new games, new rules, and new transitions immediately following the completion of the training. Recess staff and PE teacher Cheryl Nesbitt are working collaboratively to introduce new games each week.
March 11 Be Doggone Safe Presentations
March 25 Mini-CAST IEP Reviews
March 29-April 1 Early Release-Conferences (PK-1 Evening Conferences 3-31)