Regular Board Meeting on February 22, 2016Previous Next
Regular Board Meeting on Monday, February 22, 2016
- Next Board Meeting Location Change: The next Regular Board Meeting will be held in the Woodland High School Library on Monday, March 14, 2016 beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- Board Reports
- Scott Landrigan, the district’s Director of Facilities and Safety, gave a presentation on safety and emergency preparedness. Landrigan presented each school’s current individual emergency preparedness plan, and discussed his intention to create a district-wide emergency plan to for Emergency Response Planning consistent among all schools which will include communication between each school and the district office when an incident is underway, a paramount priority. Landrigan will be coordinating the planning with the City of Woodland’s Police and Fire departments as well as PacifiCorp for issues regarding the dam. The entire report can be viewed online: http://www.woodlandschools.org/node/4703
- Discussion Items:
- Making Rational Decisions Discussion: The Board of Directors is currently reading a book entitled “Effective School Boards: Strategies for Improving Board Performance” to help unify board members. With several new board members, the Board continues to participate in ongoing training including methods to keep and improve open lines of communication between the board members, staff, and community.
- Approval of Easement and Deeds of Dedication on WHS Property
- The Board initially agreed to grant an easement and approve deeds of dedication on the New Woodland High School to the City and County. The easement provides city access to water lines and the deeds of dedication turn the newly widened Robinson Road and Dike Access Road over to the City and County, respectively.
UPCOMING BOARD MEETING
Monday, March 14, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. in the Woodland High School Library