Board Briefs for Regular Board Meeting on Monday, December 14, 2015Next
Regular Board Meeting on Monday, December 14, 2015
BOARD MEMBERS SWORN IN, OFFICERS ELECTED
New board members Sarah Stuart (Director District #1) and Lesa Beuscher (Director District #3) were sworn in along with returning board member Janice Watts (Director District #2) for their four-year terms. The Board of Directors elected Janice Watts as President, Matt Donald as Vice President, Steve Madsen as Legislative Representative, and Lesa Beuscher as WIAA Representative for the next year.
- Community Comments: Community member Jim Bays commented that he would like to acknowledge John Shoup, Scott Landrigan, and the others responsible for opening the new Woodland High School to stranded motorists on I-5 during the recent landslide and felt the team should be commended for their efforts.
- Building Reports: Representatives from each building presented their regular reports on building activities.
- WHS: Professional development Mondays continue to be of great value to the teachers with each Monday dedicated to a different activity or lesson.
- WMS: Each month features a theme with December’s being “Awesome, Loved, and Full of Potential” featuring ways to demonstrate to students that they are awesome, loved, and full of potential. A new climbing wall will be installed in the Yellow Gym for use in PE courses.
- PreK-4: The staff at the 2-4 building researched a variety of playground equipment options. Quotes were requested from different vendors to supply the equipment. The K-5 team worked together to identify essential standards to be used in designing guaranteed and viable curriculums.
- Complete Building Reports: http://www.woodlandschools.org/board/meeting/217/3
- Contract Approval: The Board of Directors voted to approve the contract with irx, LLC to continue providing communications consulting services to Woodland Public Schools until July 31, 2016.
- Executive Session: Following the regular board meeting, the Board of Directors entered Executive Session.
UPCOMING BOARD MEETING
Monday, January 11, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. in the District Meeting Room