April 22, 2015 Regular Meeting Minutes

 

WOODLAND SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 404
DIRECTOR'S MEETING
MINUTES

June 22 2015 5:00PM
Regular Meeting-District Meeting Room

MEMBERS
PRESENT

 

Janice Watts, Jim Bays, Tina Cayton, Matt Donald, Jeremy Stuart, Taylor Vossen-Student Representative, Michael Green-Board Secretary and Tegan Steen-Recording Secretary

OTHERS PRESENT

 

Nick Massie, Tony Peterson, Holly Royle, Cheryl Nesbitt, Brooke Fredricks, Stacy Brown, Asha Riley, Kelley Wilson

CITIZENS COMMENTS
ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS

 

None.  

MINUTES

 

Tina Cayton moved to approve the June 8, 2015 regular meeting minutes.

Jeremy Stuart  yes
Matt Donald  yes
Tina Cayton  yes
Jim Bays  yes
Janice Watts  yes  carried

REPORTS TO THE BOARD

 

There were no questions about the Financial/Enrollment report from the Board.

SUPERINTENDENT REPORT

 

Michael Green said school got out on Friday and staff began the movement throughout the buildings. He hired 9 summer custodian assistants. Demolition work to the buildings will begin soon, and the move will continue through August. The State budget has still not been approved. If the budget isn’t approved there could be shutdowns of State agencies. Stacy Brown said that if this occurs our June apportionment will be impacted; but, they would make it up in July. We don’t have to shut down. Matt Donald asked if the boil order at Yale School had been lifted. Michael said that the Health Department cleared Yale’s water the last Thursday before school was out. He said the fix wasn’t an outrageous expense.

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None.

BOARD REPORTS & REQUESTS

 

None.

ACTION ITEM

 

WHS Change Order #27
The Board moved this action item up in the agenda to accommodate Kelley Wilson. Kelley summarized the change order totaling $52,025.

Matt Donald moved to approve Change Order #27.

Jeremy Stuart  yes
Matt Donald  yes
Tina Cayton  yes
Jim Bays  yes
Janice Watts  yes  carried

*Taylor Vossen, new ASB Board Representative, arrived to the meeting and Michael introduced her and congratulated her on being crowned Planter’s Day Queen.

DISCUSSION ITEMS

 

Review of Staff Survey
Michael presented responses to each question from the Staff Survey with the Board. The Board discussed the responses and ideas to work on better communication, and avenues for staff to learn to communicate their needs and concerns throughout the District. They will work on communication policies and procedures. They discussed getting information from the Board to staff, about what decisions they have made.

Nick Massie told the Board that Mr. Green “needs to go”. Nick said his opinions are his alone, and not his church’s views. Holly Royle said that there should be staff exit interviews to learn why people leave the District. Jim Bays thought it might be a good idea to get that information.

CONSENT AGENDA

 

The Board discussed the consent agenda. (See attached)

Tina Cayton moved to approve the consent agenda.

Jeremy Stuart  yes
Matt Donald  yes
Tina Cayton  yes
Jim Bays  yes
Janice Watts  yes  carried

ACTION ITEMS

 

Capital Projects Fund Warrant Number 6327

Matt Donald moved to approve to approve CP-6327 in the amount of $50,930.00.

Jeremy Stuart  yes
Matt Donald  yes
Tina Cayton  yes
Jim Bays  no
Janice Watts  yes  carried

Resolution No. 2599-Delegating Authority to WIAA
This is an annual resolution to delegate authority to WIAA.

Jim Bays moved to approve Resolution No. 2599-Delegating Authority to WIAA.

Jeremy Stuart  yes
Matt Donald  yes
Tina Cayton  yes
Jim Bays  yes
Janice Watts  yes  carried

EXECUTIVE SESSION

 

Janice Watts recessed the meeting at 7:41pm for an executive session to discuss personnel matters under RCW 42.30.110(1)(g), with possible action to be taken upon return.

President, Janice Watts, reconvened the meeting into regular session at 8:49 pm.

ACTION ITEM

 

Jeremy Stuart moved to approve the Superintendent’s contract as presented.

Janice Watts  yes
Jim Bays  yes
Tina Cayton  yes
Matt Donald  yes
Jeremy Stuart  yes  carried

The Board discussed modifying the July Board meeting schedule.  They agreed to have a single Board meeting in July, and schedule it on Monday, July 20th.  They agreed to begin the meeting in the early afternoon, and have an extended work session to review policy and communication plans.

ADJOURNMENT

 

President, Janice Watts, adjourned the meeting of the Board of Directors at 8:55pm.

ATTEST:

_______________________________
Secretary to the Board

WOODLAND SCHOOL DISTRICT #404
BOARD OF DIRECTORS

____________________________________
President

____________________________________
Director

____________________________________
Director

____________________________________
Director

____________________________________
Director

Attached Files:
NameSizeType
consent agenda 6-22-15.pdf 51KB application/pdf