WSD Athletics Board Report
February 5, 2015
HS Boys’ Basketball
- Varsity record (6-4 league, 13-5 overall)
i. Looking like will qualify for districts either as 2, 3 or 4 seed.
ii. Senior night and last regular season game EVER in our gym Tuesday, Feb. 10.
iii. District playoffs begin Feb. 14.
2. JV record (1-9 league, 3-15 overall).
HS Girls’ Basketball
- Varsity record (7-3 league, 10-8 overall).
i. Currently tied for 2nd place in league.
ii. District playoffs begin Feb. 13
2. JV record (9-1 league, 16-2 overall).
- Our team had shot at 1st league title in school history, but injuries and illness kept us from putting a full team on the mat. Hopefully, everyone will be healthy as we head into sub districts on Feb. 7 at Washougal.
MS Boys’ Basketball
1. 8th grade currently 6-0
i. Their post season tournament is Feb. 14 at Kalama.
2. 7th grade currently 4-2
3. Blended record unknown (split squad for most games).
i. Split squad has allowed more playing time for all C team members (15 total).
- Remember that WHS Sports can be followed on Facebook (woodland high school athletics) and Twitter (whsbeavers).
- Our league has a new website: 2agshl.com
- The brick fundraiser has been re-opened and our turf committee is working on phase 2 of the fundraising which involves potential scoreboard advertising and a donor wall.
Our last league game EVER in the current WHS gym will take place this Tuesday (2/10) when our boys play Hockinson in a game with serious playoff implications. It will also be senior night for our basketball team and cheer squad. We plan on doing something special at half time commemorating the final regular season game in our gym.