Support for WIAA Activities and Athletics
Paul Huddleston has requested that we expand support of activities to include the Dance Team.
Paul and Michael had conversation regarding this to identify parameters that should be considered by the board in providing guidance to the administration in regard to district support of athletics.
1) Should the District provide support for all student clubs and activities? or, should support be limited to WIAA recognized activities and athletics? (Currently the district does not provide support for Equestrian and Trap, neither are WIAA recognized)
- The administrative recommendation is that the District should provide support for students who participate in WIAA recognized activities, but support should be limited to those activities and athletics
2) If students participate in activities and athletics with combined and coop teams, should the District provide support for those students? (e.g. if a students competes for Woodland as a part of a Coop Team should they have the same financial commitment to the sport as other student athletes? Or, should they pay the full cost of their participation?)
- The administrative recommendation is that the District should equitably support student athletes in athletics and activities regardless of team size.
3) Should Woodland associate their Dance Team with 'WIAA?
- The administrative recommendation is that they should affiliate.