Review of Board Goals
WOODLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS
“Educate all students to excel in their chosen endeavors while becoming productive members of society“
- High-Quality Teaching & Learning. Our faculty and staff will provide effective and high-quality instruction by engaging student interests, exploring alternate pathways and leading by example, thereby promoting a powerful environment for learning. This process will be enhanced through the incorporation of proven tools, training and classroom support.
- A safe, healthy & nurturing environment. Our school climate will enhance educational performance by focusing on each child, meeting individual student needs by emphasizing safety, a healthy personal outlook, proper nutrition, and physical fitness.
- Prudent, conservative fiscal management. We will promote public trust through effective financial oversight and prudent management of District finances and cash reserves.
- Effective partnerships. We will leverage community skills and resources through compelling and innovative partnerships, working with our local business community, government entities, early learning providers, service clubs, senior centers, and other complementary organizations.
- Community outreach & involvement. We will actively promote our District through effective, consistent and transparent communication, particularly with parents and families, instilling a sense of commitment throughout our community toward student success. Our outreach will be welcoming, inclusive, and relevant.