WSD Athletics Board Report
November 11, 2013
- Varsity finished 2nd in league after tough loss to La Center
i. Playing Rochester (@ Kalama) Nov. 8 – 7pm in district cross-over.
2. JV record (4-1 league, 6-1 overall).
i. 1st place in league
3. Freshman record 4-2-1 (played some JV teams)
- Varsity record (10-3 league, 10-4 overall).
i. Finished 2nd in north division
ii. Finished 2nd in league tournament - #2 seed in districts
iii. Playing at Hoquiam on 11/6 vs. Tenino.
2. JV record (12-0 league, 12-1 overall).
HS Girls’ Soccer
- Varsity record (16-0 league, 16-0 overall)
i. Play in 2nd round of districts vs. Elma on Nov. 7 – 7pm
2. JV record (13-0 league, 13-1 overall)
HS Cross Country
- State is Nov. 9 in Pasco
i. District meet at Lewis River went really well… Matt Young (5th) and Michael Mentler (17th) qualified for state.
ii. Our boys’ team ran well, but missed the cut in 5th place (top 4 go).
HS Boys’ Golf
- JV and Varsity both went through league undefeated.
- Varsity boys’ won districts – with Ryan Sturdivan taking first overall.
i. 5 qualified for state in May…
3. Ryan Sturdivan (1st), Tanner Huddleston (3rd), Hayden Huddleston (5th), Jon Watts (9th), Dalton Burnett (10th)
- 8th grade ended season on a high note with a win in their final game of the league tournament.
- Remember that WHS Sports can now be followed on Facebook and Twitter.
- Our league has a new website: tricoathletics.com
- W Club officers for 2013-14:
i. President – Nic Nesbitt
ii. Vice President – Madie Sorensen
iii. Secretary – Grant Booker
iv. Treasurer – Kurtis Patterson