Athletic Director Report
May 6, 2013
- Varsity record – 10-4 League, 15-5 overall, finished 2nd league.
- Qualified for the post season for the first time in over a decade.
- Playing for district title on 5/11 after beating #1 ranked Montesano.
- JV record – 8-4 League, 11-8 overall
- Varsity record – 14-0 league, 18-1 overall. District playoffs open May 15 in Centralia.
- Cinched league title after sweeping La Center on Tuesday.
- JV record – 10-4 league, 11-8 overall
- Undefeated in league… sending 6 to districts (Three Rivers Golf Course) on May 13, 14.
- Varsity record – 7-7 league, 7-9 overall, finished fourth in league.
- Qualified for post season for the first time in 12 years.
- Lost to state ranked Seton Catholic in hard fought contest to end season.
- JV record – 0-8 league, 0-10 overall
- We are expecting to take our boys and girls 4x400m relays, boys’ 4x100m relays, and several athletes in individual events to the state meet. Our boys’ team is in the hunt for a district title.
Middle School Track
- Over 70 athletes… all are working hard to improve on the track and classroom. Many athletes have already taken spots on the all-time records list. End of season meet is May 16 at Kalama.
- Woodland Trap competed at state in Spokane – we took 17 athletes… one from WIS, one from WMS, fifteen from WHS. We had the largest team even though we traveled the furthest. Head coach Ben Musgrove is doing an amazing job. Varsity finished 5th out of 27 teams and many of our athletes placed individually.
- Woodland Equestrian Club – state meet is May 17-19 in Moses Lake, and we have 5 riders that have qualified.
- Woodland Mtn. Biking Club – we have one middle school and one high school rider – both competed in two races so far, and are learning a lot.