July 26, 2010 Regular Meeting Minutes

WOODLAND SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 404
DIRECTOR'S MEETING
MINUTES

July 26, 2010 7:00PM
Regular Meeting-District Meeting Room

MEMBERS
PRESENT

 

Bill Woodard, Janice Watts, Tina Cayton, Steve Madsen, Mia Patterson-Student Representative, Michael Green-Secretary, and Tegan Steen-Recording Secretary

OTHERS
PRESENT

 

Stacy Brown and Julia Stoll.

MEMBERS ABSENT

 

Steve Madsen moved to approve the absence of Jim Bays from the meeting.

Janice Watts  yes
Tina Cayton  yes
Steve Madsen  yes  carried

MINUTES

 

The July 12, 2010 minutes were tabled until the August 23, 2010 meeting because of a lack of quorum of Board members present from the July 12 meeting who could vote on them.

FINANCIAL
REPORT

 

The Board had no questions regarding the financial report.

SUPERINTENDENT REPORT

 

Mr. Green said that he received good news today regarding the certification of the WCC program that Missy Sorenson has been working on. She has received an LCC scholarship which will pay 85% of her education that she must obtain for the certification. Woodland School District will pick up the other 15%.  Steve Madsen hopes that we will get another scholarship to allow someone else to be in place as a back-up plan in the future.

DNR is using the Yale School as a base camp for a fire in the Yale Valley. Michael learned today that some of the firefighters are convicts. He will check on the school grounds tomorrow.

The new phone system should be in place by the end of next week, thanks to Stephanie Patterson.

CORRESPONDENCE

 

The Board received two thank you letters for students who received trust fund scholarships. They were from Sierra Hinkle and Ashleigh DeBuse.

CITIZENS REQUESTS

 

Julia Stoll was present to keep the lines of communication open with the Yale Valley.

BOARD REPORTS
AND REQUEST

 

None.

DISCUSSION ITEMS

 

None.

PUBLIC HEARING

 

2010-2011 Budget Hearing

Vice President, Bill Woodard, recessed the meeting to open a public hearing for the 2010-2011 Budget at 7:06pm.  Mr. Green said that this was the same budget that was talked about in May. There were no changes from the budget workshop at the last meeting. He said that this is a very conservative budget.  Steve Madsen asked about enrollment assumptions.  Michael said that Mark Houk had provided early Kindergarten numbers, which caused Stacy to bump up the kindergarten enrollment numbers in the budget.  There was no further discussion and Mr. Woodard closed the hearing at 7:09pm and returned to the regular meeting.

ACTION ITEMS

 

Resolution No. 2537-2010-2011 Budget

Steve Madsen moved to approve Resolution No. 2537, 2010-2011 Budget.

Bill Woodard  yes
Janice Watts  yes
Tina Cayton  yes
Steve Madsen  yes  carried

Woodland Administrators Association Agreement
Mr. Green said that this agreement provides no new money to Administrators. It contains minor language adjustments.

Janice Watts moved to approve the Woodland Administrators Association agreement.

Steve Madsen  yes
Tina Cayton  yes
Janice Watts  yes
Bill Woodard  yes  carried

CONSENT AGENDA

 

Consent Agenda
Mr. Green reminded the Board that this consent agenda will include more payable items as the District is currently paying out of two budget years. The Board discussed consent agenda and the P-card system.

Tina Cayton moved to approve the consent agenda.

Steve Madsen  yes
Tina Cayton  yes
Janice Watts  yes
Bill Woodard  yes  carried

ADJOURNMENT

 

Vice President, Bill Woodard, adjourned the meeting of the Board of Directors at 7:21pm.

 

ATTEST:

_______________________________
Secretary to the Board

WOODLAND SCHOOL DISTRICT #404
BOARD OF DIRECTORS

____________________________________
President

____________________________________
Director

____________________________________
Director

____________________________________
Director

____________________________________
Director