EVERYBODY NEEDS SOME BUDDY SOMETIME!
A Lunch Buddy is someone to eat with, someone to talk to, someone to listen to, someone to laugh with and someone a child can depend on to be there for them. Spend 30-40 minutes once a week helping a child gain better relationships with their peers and feel better about their school community.
Apply today to become a lunch buddy and mentor!
- Students who meet regularly with their mentors:
- are less likely to start using illegal drugs than their peers
- are less likely to drink alcohol
- are less likely to engage in violence
- have fewer trips to the principal's office
- have better attendance
- Complete volunteer paperwork
- Drop-off Application to District Office (800 2nd ST, Woodland, WA 98674) with Copy of Your Drivers License
- Spring Dowse or Carly Hensley will contact you for orientation
Date & Times We Need Lunch Buddies:
Must commit to attend once a week, every week until the end of the school year.
Wednesdays at Columbia Elementary School, and Tuesdays and Wednesdays at North Fork Elementary School:
- 10:50am – 11:30pm 3rd Grade
- 11:40am – 12:20pm 2nd Grade
- 12:30pm – 1:10pm 4th Grade
If you are interested in becoming a Lunch Buddy at Columbia Elementary School or North Fork Elementary School, submit your completed volunteer forms to the Woodland District Office at 800 2nd Street, Woodland, WA.
Columbia Elementary School
Spring Dowse at 360.841.2906 or email "firstname.lastname@example.org
North Fork Elementary School
Carly Hensley at 360.841.2719 or email email@example.com or
Jocelyn Watters, Youth and Family link at 360.423.6741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.