Regular Board Meeting on Monday, July 18, 2016Previous Next
Regular Board Meeting on Monday, July 18, 2016
- Next Board Meeting:
- Monday, August 8, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. in the District Meeting Room.
- Reports to the Board:
- Superintendent Michael Green reported that the district has almost finished staff hiring for the upcoming 2016-17 school year. Green also noted summer work is underway on the different campuses including replacing the landscaper for the high school. Director Janice Watts asked about the new landscaper to which Green replied that the replacement has not been hired, yet.
- Superintendent Green introduced “BEST Week” Training for new certificated staff which will be held from August 15-19. Green invited all board members to attend and meet the new hires to Woodland Public Schools.
- Board Reports, Requests, and Comments:
- Director Matt Donald asked Shannon Barnett, Director of the KWRL Transportation Cooperative, to provide additional information regarding bus routes and travel times, especially for routes traveling to Yale Elementary, in an upcoming board meeting.
- Director Steve Madsen discussed scholarship offers and ways the district can improve and increase the number of scholarships provided as well as dollar amounts. Madsen spoke about the possibility of developing a questionnaire for graduates in order to obtain additional information about how the district is or could provide services to alumni. The board approved Madsen working with Superintendent Green on these issues.
- Business Manager Stacy Brown presented the Draft 2016-17 Budget. Brown began by discussing how the upcoming year, like many years, was not easy to budget with no new money and not a lot of new student enrollment along with an increased number of new staff and higher costs associated with the new high school. Brown addressed the board’s interest in graphic and longitudinal data, providing history for each graph in her presentation.
Entire presentation: http://www.woodlandschools.org/node/4985
- Action Items:
- 2016-2017 ESD 112 Agreements: Superintendent Green presented the agreements from Educational Service District 112 (ESD 112) to the board of directors. Green explained that ESD 112 provides services to Woodland Public Schools that the district can not economically provide itself. Director Watts asked if there were any new agreements to which Green answered “no.” Director Donald asked Superintendent Green about the costs of the agreements and if Green was comfortable with the agreements to which Green replied “yes.” The Board of Directors unanimously approved the 2016-2017 ESD 112 Agreements. The agreements can be viewed online: http://www.woodlandschools.org/node/4966
UPCOMING BOARD MEETING
Monday, August 8, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. at the District Meeting Room.